Whole Organic Fed ChickenWe currently have 7 in stock.
Black Ranch Soy Free, Corn Free, Organic Fed Whole Chicken
Organic whole chicken. Each whole bird is vacuum sealed and frozen.
- Soy Free Corn Free Organic Fed
- Serving Size: 4 ounces (112 grams)
- No Antibiotics Ever
- No Hormones or Steroids Added
Black Ranch Meats
Black Ranch chickens get to forage naturally for their typical diet of insects, worms, seeds, and plants. In addition, they are given healthy food scraps/leftovers from the farmer's kitchen (which they love!), and a mineral supplement (see ingredients at bottom). They are NOT fed any soy or GMO corn.
Our free-roaming pastured chickens are healthier, happier, and nutritionally superior to the commercial organic ones typically found in the grocery store. (Note: Buying "organic" chicken at the store does not mean you are getting a chicken who had a healthy life roaming and foraging outdoors in sunshine).
Daily, they are freely roaming outdoors in the natural sunlight and fresh air rather than locked up inside a coop. Some of the benefits of consuming pastured chicken meat include:
- Rich in Essential Fatty Acids (especially the skin, pastured poultry has more Omega-3's and vitamin D than commercial chicken).
- Higher levels of vitamins E, C and beta-carotene.
- Never given hormones, antibiotics or drugs.
- No arsenic (given to all commercial chickens as an appetite stimulant).